Social Media Policy
Early Learning Management adheres to the following policy when making use of social media.
Early Learning Management embraces the use of social media for the promotion, development & delivery of services. Early Learning Management recognises that all employees can communicate online in many ways, such as through social media, professional networking sites, blogs, online news sites & personal websites. However, all employees need to use good judgment about what material appears online, & in what context. This policy applies to all early Learning Management employees using or having a need to participate in online social media activity for official Early Learning Management communications & through personal accounts which they have created & administered themselves.
Social media tools are defined in this policy as all online media which allow user participation & interaction including (but not limited to):
- social networking sites, e.g. Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, Friendster
- video & photo sharing websites, e.g. Flickr, YouTube, Blip, Instagram
- micro-blogging & activity stream sites, e.g. Twitter, Yammer
- blogs & blogging platforms, e.g. WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr
- forums & discussion boards, e.g. Trove Forum, Yahoo! Groups, Google Groups
- online encyclopaedias, e.g. Wikipedia
- any other websites that allow individual users or companies to use simple publishing tools, e.g. wikis.
- Posts must not contain or link to pornographic or indecent content
- Early Learning Management has the right to remove any content
- Employees must not use company blogs to promote personal projects. Links to your social media presences can be included in your blogger profile & on your byline
- All materials published or used must respect the copyright of third parties
Responsibilities & other factors to be aware of in providing information on social media
Information is to be released through social media only with the awareness that it can be accessed by unspecified numbers of users of all backgrounds & circumstances, & that the information cannot be completely deleted. Each & every employee must remain aware that posting information or responding to it will have an effect, however small it may be, on the broader community. Care must, therefore, be taken not to cause misunderstandings.
Promotion of communication through appropriate information sharing
We always remain attentive in lending an ear to what our stakeholders have to say. We are aware that deepening ties with stakeholders through communication can help find solutions to their problems. We are also aware that in doing so we can make an enormous contribution to the elevation of our company’s brand. Through experience, each employee can increase their value. Moreover, by sharing what we have learned broadly, both within the company & without, we strive to contribute to the growth both of individuals & the community.
Compliance with internal & external rules & regulations
While complying with laws & regulations as well as internal company rules, we act as well-intentioned members of society, taking responsibility for our conduct whenever using social media.
Directions & requests for our customers & service users
Information transmitted through social media by the employees of our company or any group member company does not necessarily constitute a formal announcement or view of the company. Therefore, please obtain the appropriate prior approval. Formal announcements & official information can be found on our company website & in issued press releases. Modes of interaction regarding announcements will differ (e.g., refusal to comment, method, the timing of responses).
Breach of Policy
Employees who participate in online communication deemed not to be in the best interest of Early Learning Management will be subject to disciplinary action. Early Learning Management will remove, or request the employee to remove, any material where there is a breach of the controls detailed in Early Learning Management’s Social Media Policy.
Enquiries regarding social media policy
Please submit any inquiries regarding the use of social media by our company by using [email protected]